Ads sweep Moose with another 3-1 win
NORFOLK 3, MANITOBA 1
Norfolk allowed the first goal but then scored three unanswered tallies to take its second consecutive 3-1 road victory over Manitoba on Tuesday at the MTS Centre. The Admirals are now 3-0-0-0 on the road since an 0-3-0-0 start away from the Scope.
Tom Maxwell’s first goal of the season gave the Moose an early lead 8:34 into the contest. But Norfolk tied it at 9:12 of the second period, as Paul Szczechura registered his fourth goal of the campaign.
The Admirals took the lead for good at 17:38 of the second when 2009 AHL All-Star Martins Karsums found the back of the net for the first time this season. Defenseman Mike Lundin picked up the lone assist on what would prove to be the game-winner.
Adam Hall added an insurance goal for Norfolk midway through the third stanza, also scoring his first of the young season.
Norfolk goaltender Riku Helenius earned the victory in net with 19 saves on 20 shots.
- Scherbak is out to earn roster spot in Montreal
- Nathan Lieuwen out to prove how good he can be
- Dell, Grosenick hope to seize opportunity with Sharks
- Fresh off Calder Cup, Falk aiming for job with Sabres
- Bednar paid his dues on way to becoming Avs coach
- Kostopoulos keeping future options open
- Walter Bush (1929-2016)
- Cleary & Sproul return to the Griffins