Aeros continue mastery of Barons
Jason Zucker scored twice, including the tiebreaking goal with 14:50 left in regulation, and added an assist for a three-point night as the Houston Aeros doubled up the Oklahoma City Barons, 4-2, on Tuesday night at Toyota Center.
The Aeros have now won six of seven meetings with the Barons this season, and move to within one point of first-place Charlotte in the South Division.
With his three points, Zucker moved into second among all AHL rookies in scoring with 15 goals and 14 assists for 29 points in 28 games.
Fellow rookies Charlie Coyle (1g), Johan Larsson (1g) and Mikael Granlund (2a) also contributed to Houston's offense, and Matt Hackett improved to 5-0-0 against Oklahoma City on the year with 28 saves.
Jordan Eberle extended his AHL scoring lead with a goal and an assist for the Barons, and now has 49 points (24g, 25a) in 32 games. Taylor Hall also scored, and Mark Arcobello had two assists, giving him 4-16-20 in his last 13 games.
- Allen nabs Bastien Award as top goalie
- Playoff Primer: Apr. 17
- Stars lock up overall points crown
- Amerks, Devils heading to postseason
- Bylsma, Richards are familiar foes
- Brennan voted outstanding defenseman for 13-14
- AHL announces suspensions
- Blashill voted AHL's outstanding coach