Aeros continue mastery of Barons
Jason Zucker scored twice, including the tiebreaking goal with 14:50 left in regulation, and added an assist for a three-point night as the Houston Aeros doubled up the Oklahoma City Barons, 4-2, on Tuesday night at Toyota Center.
The Aeros have now won six of seven meetings with the Barons this season, and move to within one point of first-place Charlotte in the South Division.
With his three points, Zucker moved into second among all AHL rookies in scoring with 15 goals and 14 assists for 29 points in 28 games.
Fellow rookies Charlie Coyle (1g), Johan Larsson (1g) and Mikael Granlund (2a) also contributed to Houston's offense, and Matt Hackett improved to 5-0-0 against Oklahoma City on the year with 28 saves.
Jordan Eberle extended his AHL scoring lead with a goal and an assist for the Barons, and now has 49 points (24g, 25a) in 32 games. Taylor Hall also scored, and Mark Arcobello had two assists, giving him 4-16-20 in his last 13 games.
- Kostopoulos bringing experience to 2015 All-Star
- Pirates' Shinnimin named to All-Star roster
- Sportsnet: 5 AHL All-Stars to watch
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- All-Star Game to air on NHL Network Radio
- Wild's Gabriel a hit in the schools
- Bears' Grubauer named to All-Star team
- Ephesus to light AHL All-Stars