AHL announces suspension
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Worcester Sharks defenseman Matt Pelech has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent during a game vs. Syracuse on Nov. 25.
Pelech will miss Worcester’s games Friday (Nov. 30) at Portland, Saturday (Dec. 1) at Bridgeport and Sunday (Dec. 2) at Providence.
- All-Star coaches to be determined Dec. 31
- Monarchs' O'Neill named Player of the Week
- IceHogs coach to lead U.S. at World Juniors
- Zepp goes the distance for first NHL win in debut
- Falcons come out the victor in high-scoring affair
- Ness a true team leader for Bridgeport
- Five-point night for Miele powers Griffins over Toronto
- Pouliot off and running with WBS Penguins