AHL announces suspension
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Bridgeport Sound Tigers right wing Justin Johnson has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of his actions in a game vs. Hartford on Dec. 26.
Under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplemental discipline), Johnson has been suspended for one game for his actions during an altercation in the first period, and he was also deemed to be the instigator of a separate altercation in the third period. The accumulation of his fourth instigator penalty of the season carries an automatic two-game suspension under the provisions of AHL Rule 46.11.
Johnson will miss Bridgeport’s games Sunday (Dec. 29) vs. Albany, Tuesday (Dec. 31) at Portland and Friday (Jan. 3) at Norfolk.
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa
- Attitude Czech
- Drouin nets winner in pro debut
- Caps prospect Carrick has bright future
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Agozzino 'staying hungry' with the Monsters
- Pedan keeping it simple with the Sound Tigers
- Boychuk, Terry help make a point for the 'Canes