AHL announces suspension
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Bridgeport Sound Tigers right wing Justin Johnson has been suspended a total of six (6) games as a consequence of his actions in a game at Norfolk on Jan. 4.
Johnson received an automatic three-game suspension under the provisions of AHL Rule 46.11 for accumulating his fifth instigating misconduct this season. In addition, Johnson was suspended three games under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline) as a consequence of leaving the players’ bench on a legal line change for the purpose of starting an altercation.
Johnson will miss Bridgeport’s games Friday (Jan. 10) at Manchester, Saturday (Jan. 11) vs. Portland, Sunday (Jan. 12) vs. Hartford, Jan. 17 at Binghamton, Jan. 18 at Hershey and Jan. 19 vs. Hartford.
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa