AHL announces suspension
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Rochester Americans defenseman Matt MacKenzie has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of his actions in a game vs. Grand Rapids on Feb. 8.
MacKenzie was assessed an instigator penalty within the final five minutes of the third period, resulting in an automatic one-game suspension under the provisions of AHL Rule 46.22.
MacKenzie will miss Rochester’s game tonight (Feb. 14) vs. Utica.
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa
- Attitude Czech
- Drouin nets winner in pro debut
- Caps prospect Carrick has bright future