AHL announces suspension
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Rochester Americans defenseman Matt MacKenzie has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of his actions in a game vs. Grand Rapids on Feb. 8.
MacKenzie was assessed an instigator penalty within the final five minutes of the third period, resulting in an automatic one-game suspension under the provisions of AHL Rule 46.22.
MacKenzie will miss Rochester’s game tonight (Feb. 14) vs. Utica.
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions