AHL announces suspension
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Charlotte Checkers defenseman Matthew Corrente has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game at Norfolk on Mar. 4.
Corrente was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline).
Corrente will miss Charlotte’s game Friday (Mar. 7) at San Antonio.
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions