AHL announces suspension
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Charlotte Checkers defenseman Matthew Corrente has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game at Norfolk on Mar. 4.
Corrente was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline).
Corrente will miss Charlotte’s game Friday (Mar. 7) at San Antonio.
- Playoff Primer: Apr. 12
- Milwaukee playoff-bound again
- Puempel rounding out his game in Binghamton
- Dowell named winner of Fred T. Hunt Award
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Schmidt stays in Worcester to turn pro
- First, Second Team AHL All-Stars named
- 2013-14 AHL All-Rookie Team announced