AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that center Mike Angelidis and left wing Brad Herauf of the Albany River Rats and defenseman Matt Generous and center Travis Turnbull of the Portland Pirates have been suspended for two (2) games each as a result of their altercations at the conclusion of the game between the teams on Feb. 28.
In addition, both the River Rats and the Pirates have been fined an undisclosed amount.
Angelidis and Herauf will miss Albany’s games Friday (Mar. 5) and Saturday (Mar. 6) at Norfolk.
Generous and Turnbull will miss Portland’s games Friday (Mar. 5) at Bridgeport and Saturday (Mar. 6) at Syracuse.
- Manitoba Moose returning to Winnipeg
- IceCaps name King director of hockey operations
- Gaunce lifts Utica after look in the mirror
- Western Conference semifinals set
- Griffins complete comeback with Game 5 win
- AHL Morning Skate: May 3
- Eastern Conference semis open Wednesday
- Gaunce leads Comets to series win