AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that center Mike Angelidis and left wing Brad Herauf of the Albany River Rats and defenseman Matt Generous and center Travis Turnbull of the Portland Pirates have been suspended for two (2) games each as a result of their altercations at the conclusion of the game between the teams on Feb. 28.
In addition, both the River Rats and the Pirates have been fined an undisclosed amount.
Angelidis and Herauf will miss Albany’s games Friday (Mar. 5) and Saturday (Mar. 6) at Norfolk.
Generous and Turnbull will miss Portland’s games Friday (Mar. 5) at Bridgeport and Saturday (Mar. 6) at Syracuse.
- AHL Hall of Fame announces Class of 2017
- Grant hoping to secure Sabres roster spot
- Brossoit determined to find NHL form
- Lagace off to strong start in camp
- Adrian Kempe preparing for a statement season
- From Croatia, Rendulic hopes to make history
- Scherbak is out to earn roster spot in Montreal
- Nathan Lieuwen out to prove how good he can be