AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Portland Pirates head coach Kevin Dineen has been issued a one-game suspension as a result of his actions following a game at Syracuse on Mar. 6.
Dineen, who already missed Portland’s game vs. Rochester on Mar. 7, is eligible to return effective immediately.
The American Hockey League also announced that Manitoba Moose right wing Sergei Shirokov has been suspended for one (1) regular-season game as a result of his actions in a game at Grand Rapids on Mar. 6.
Shirokov was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 29.1 (supplementary discipline).
Shirokov will miss Manitoba’s game Friday (Mar. 12) vs. Rockford.
- Marlies-Devils to get underway Wednesday
- Gulls hand Stars big loss in Game 3
- Kempe scores twice in Reign win
- Flick ends marathon with 3OT winner
- Marlies rally to sweep away Sound Tigers
- Devils get their due
- Lightning, Crunch announce six-year extension
- AHL Morning Skate: April 28