AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Portland Pirates head coach Kevin Dineen has been issued a one-game suspension as a result of his actions following a game at Syracuse on Mar. 6.
Dineen, who already missed Portland’s game vs. Rochester on Mar. 7, is eligible to return effective immediately.
The American Hockey League also announced that Manitoba Moose right wing Sergei Shirokov has been suspended for one (1) regular-season game as a result of his actions in a game at Grand Rapids on Mar. 6.
Shirokov was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 29.1 (supplementary discipline).
Shirokov will miss Manitoba’s game Friday (Mar. 12) vs. Rockford.
- #AHLOTB: Sharks reflect on time with Sommer
- AHL Plays of the Week: Feb. 5, 2016
- Pair of long-standing records soon to fall
- Leighton on verge of breaking shutout record
- AHL extends agreement with Extenet Systems
- AHL announces suspension
- Pirates name Nick Vitucci assistant coach
- #AHLOTB: Stockton goalies turn season around