AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Portland Pirates head coach Kevin Dineen has been issued a one-game suspension as a result of his actions following a game at Syracuse on Mar. 6.
Dineen, who already missed Portland’s game vs. Rochester on Mar. 7, is eligible to return effective immediately.
The American Hockey League also announced that Manitoba Moose right wing Sergei Shirokov has been suspended for one (1) regular-season game as a result of his actions in a game at Grand Rapids on Mar. 6.
Shirokov was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 29.1 (supplementary discipline).
Shirokov will miss Manitoba’s game Friday (Mar. 12) vs. Rockford.
- Canucks, Islanders make trade
- Pastrnak youngest in both AHL and NHL
- Sissons set for super sophomore season
- Checkers to return to Coliseum in 2015-16
- AHL announces suspension
- Hellebuyck named Player of the Week
- AHL mourns passing of Pat Quinn
- Ducks' Manson way ahead of schedule