AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
• Connecticut Whale center Kris Newbury has been suspended for four (4) games as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game vs. Bridgeport on Nov. 18.
Newbury will miss Connecticut’s games Wednesday (Nov. 23) vs. Portland, Friday (Nov. 25) at Bridgeport, Saturday (Nov. 26) at Springfield and Nov. 29 vs. Hershey.
• Springfield Falcons left wing Dane Byers has been suspended for two (2) games as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game at Providence on Nov. 18.
Byers will miss Springfield’s games Friday (Nov. 25) at Adirondack and Saturday (Nov. 26) vs. Connecticut.
• Providence Bruins center Zach Hamill has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a boarding incident in a game at Portland on Nov. 19.
Hamill will miss Providence’s game Wednesday (Nov. 23) at Hershey.
- Allen returns to Rampage, reunites with Rowe
- Travis Morin's day with the Cup
- Devils add Cunniff to coaching staff
- Stolarz coming off strong junior season
- Morrissey looking to follow friend's path
- Lightning anticipate next wave of young talent
- Jets hopefuls living the dream
- Griffith among hopefuls at Bruins' rookie camp