AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
• Connecticut Whale center Kris Newbury has been suspended for four (4) games as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game vs. Bridgeport on Nov. 18.
Newbury will miss Connecticut’s games Wednesday (Nov. 23) vs. Portland, Friday (Nov. 25) at Bridgeport, Saturday (Nov. 26) at Springfield and Nov. 29 vs. Hershey.
• Springfield Falcons left wing Dane Byers has been suspended for two (2) games as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game at Providence on Nov. 18.
Byers will miss Springfield’s games Friday (Nov. 25) at Adirondack and Saturday (Nov. 26) vs. Connecticut.
• Providence Bruins center Zach Hamill has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a boarding incident in a game at Portland on Nov. 19.
Hamill will miss Providence’s game Wednesday (Nov. 23) at Hershey.
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa