AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
• Connecticut Whale center Kris Newbury has been suspended for four (4) games as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game vs. Bridgeport on Nov. 18.
Newbury will miss Connecticut’s games Wednesday (Nov. 23) vs. Portland, Friday (Nov. 25) at Bridgeport, Saturday (Nov. 26) at Springfield and Nov. 29 vs. Hershey.
• Springfield Falcons left wing Dane Byers has been suspended for two (2) games as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game at Providence on Nov. 18.
Byers will miss Springfield’s games Friday (Nov. 25) at Adirondack and Saturday (Nov. 26) vs. Connecticut.
• Providence Bruins center Zach Hamill has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a boarding incident in a game at Portland on Nov. 19.
Hamill will miss Providence’s game Wednesday (Nov. 23) at Hershey.
- Benning pleased with what he sees in Utica
- AHL Morning Skate: May 23
- Weal leading Monarchs towards ultimate goal
- Griffins sign first-rounder Larkin to ATO
- Monarchs hang on to win Game 1
- Series Snapshot: Monarchs vs. Wolf Pack
- Series Snapshot: Comets vs. Griffins
- AHL Morning Skate: May 21