AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
• Syracuse Crunch right wing Troy Bodie has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of his illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game at Hamilton on Jan. 6.
Bodie has already served one game of the suspension. He will miss Syracuse’s games Friday (Jan. 13) at Binghamton and Saturday (Jan. 14) at Albany.
• St. John’s IceCaps center Ben Maxwell has been suspended for two (2) games as a consequence of a boarding incident in a game vs. Manchester on Jan. 7.
Maxwell will miss the IceCaps’ games tonight (Jan. 10) and Wednesday (Jan. 11) vs. Toronto.
• Connecticut Whale right wing Andre Deveaux has been suspended a total of three (3) games – two as a consequence of a boarding incident in a game vs. Springfield on Jan. 7, and one as a consequence of a boarding incident in a game at Springfield on Jan. 8.
Deveaux will miss Connecticut’s games Friday (Jan. 13) and Saturday (Jan. 14) at Norfolk, and Jan. 18 at Portland.
• Adirondack Phantoms left wing Tom Sestito has been suspended for one (1) game, Phantoms defenseman Oliver Lauridsen has been suspended for (1) game and Hershey Bears right wing Joel Rechlicz has been suspended for one (1) game under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline) as a consequence of their actions in a game between the teams on Jan. 7.
Sestito and Lauridsen will miss Adirondack’s game Friday (Jan. 13) vs. Hamilton. Rechlicz will miss Hershey’s game Wednesday (Jan. 11) at Charlotte.
- AHL Hall of Fame inducts Class of 2015
- Monarchs' Miller leads East to Skills win
- Skills Competition scorecard
- All-Star Classic: Where to watch
- Kostopoulos bringing experience to 2015 All-Star
- Pirates' Shinnimin named to All-Star roster
- Sportsnet: 5 AHL All-Stars to watch
- AHL Highlights of the Week