AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced the following disciplinary action as a result of an incident in the Apr. 1 game between the Rockford IceHogs and the Milwaukee Admirals:
Rockford center Rob Flick has been suspended three (3) games, Rockford defenseman Shawn Lalonde has been suspended three (3) games, Milwaukee center Michael Latta has been suspended three (3) games and Milwaukee goaltender Jeremy Smith has been suspended one (1) game for their actions. In addition, Rockford head coach Ted Dent, Milwaukee head coach Ian Herbers and both teams have all been fined an undisclosed amount.
Flick and Lalonde will miss Rockford’s games on Friday (Apr. 6) and Saturday (Apr. 7) at Lake Erie, and Apr. 10 vs. Charlotte. Latta will miss Milwaukee’s games tonight (Apr. 3) and Thursday (Apr. 5) at Charlotte, and Saturday (Apr. 7) at San Antonio. Smith will miss Milwaukee’s game Thursday (Apr. 5) at Charlotte.
The American Hockey League has also announced that Lake Erie Monsters left wing Patrick Bordeleau has been suspended for two (2) games as a consequence of an elbowing incident in a game at Texas on Apr. 1.
Bordeleau will miss Lake Erie’s games Friday (Apr. 6) and Saturday (Apr. 7) vs. Rockford.
- #AHLOTB: Ranford’s success written in the stars
- Amerks' Justin Bailey is Sabres bound
- Sommer sets career wins record with No. 637
- #AHLOTB: Binghamton's rookie class
- NHL.com: Peaks and valleys in Grand Rapids
- Vrana named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Folin reaps Iowa benefits
- Nothing came easy for Penguins' Mouillierat