AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced the following disciplinary action as a result of an incident in the Apr. 1 game between the Rockford IceHogs and the Milwaukee Admirals:
Rockford center Rob Flick has been suspended three (3) games, Rockford defenseman Shawn Lalonde has been suspended three (3) games, Milwaukee center Michael Latta has been suspended three (3) games and Milwaukee goaltender Jeremy Smith has been suspended one (1) game for their actions. In addition, Rockford head coach Ted Dent, Milwaukee head coach Ian Herbers and both teams have all been fined an undisclosed amount.
Flick and Lalonde will miss Rockford’s games on Friday (Apr. 6) and Saturday (Apr. 7) at Lake Erie, and Apr. 10 vs. Charlotte. Latta will miss Milwaukee’s games tonight (Apr. 3) and Thursday (Apr. 5) at Charlotte, and Saturday (Apr. 7) at San Antonio. Smith will miss Milwaukee’s game Thursday (Apr. 5) at Charlotte.
The American Hockey League has also announced that Lake Erie Monsters left wing Patrick Bordeleau has been suspended for two (2) games as a consequence of an elbowing incident in a game at Texas on Apr. 1.
Bordeleau will miss Lake Erie’s games Friday (Apr. 6) and Saturday (Apr. 7) vs. Rockford.
- Czarnik hoping to exceed expectations
- Tucson GM: "being competitive now-now-now"
- Leland Irving is hoping for another win in his life
- New coach takes the reins at Wild's AHL affiliate
- AHL Hall of Fame announces Class of 2017
- Grant hoping to secure Sabres roster spot
- Brossoit determined to find NHL form
- Lagace off to strong start in camp