AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
• Worcester Sharks left wing Jimmy Bonneau has been suspended for eight (8) games, defenseman Matt Pelech has been suspended for four (4) games and assistant coach David Cunniff has been suspended for one (1) game, all as a consequence of their actions following a game at Portland on Apr. 7.
In addition, the Sharks organization has been fined an undisclosed amount.
Bonneau and Pelech will miss Worcester’s final four regular-season games; the remainder of Bonneau’s suspension will be served during the 2012 Calder Cup Playoffs (if Worcester qualifies) or at the start of the 2012-13 regular season. Cunniff will miss Worcester’s game tonight (Apr. 10) vs. Manchester.
• Albany Devils center Tim Sestito has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a boarding incident in a game at Adirondack on Apr. 6.
Sestito will miss Albany’s game Friday (Apr. 13) vs. Norfolk.
• Providence Bruins center Bobby Robins has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent and Bridgeport Sound Tigers left wing Justin DiBenedetto has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of receiving an instigator penalty within the final five minutes of the third period, both stemming from a game between the teams on Apr. 7.
Robins and DiBenedetto will both miss the game between Providence and Bridgeport on Friday (Apr. 13).
- Wild making community impact
- Jones shuts down Ducks in NHL debut
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Rookie Rieder off to a strong start
- Monthly award winners for November named
- Strome named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Beach makes it rain bears, hats
- Reflecting on a title 10 years later