AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Manchester Monarchs right wing Justin Johnson has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of his actions prior to Manchester’s game vs. Norfolk on Apr. 25.
Johnson will miss Game 4 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinal series between the teams tonight (Apr. 27) in Manchester.
The AHL has also announced that Bridgeport Sound Tigers head coach Brent Thompson has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of his actions following a game at Connecticut on Apr. 22.
As Bridgeport’s season has concluded, Thompson’s suspension will carry over to the 2012-13 regular season.
- Jurco hoping to stick in Detroit
- Meech overcame health scare to win Cup
- Allen returns to Rampage, reunites with Rowe
- Travis Morin's day with the Cup
- Devils add Cunniff to coaching staff
- Stolarz coming off strong junior season
- Morrissey looking to follow friend's path
- Lightning anticipate next wave of young talent