AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Worcester Sharks defenseman Matt Pelech has been suspended for four (4) games as a consequence of his actions in a game vs. Albany on Oct. 20.
Pelech was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28 (supplementary discipline) after receiving a game misconduct for leaving the players’ bench for the purpose of starting an altercation.
Pelech will miss Worcester’s games Friday (Oct. 26) vs. Bridgeport, Saturday (Oct. 27) at Manchester, Sunday (Oct. 28) vs. Bridgeport and Nov. 2 at Providence.
The American Hockey League today announced that Connecticut Whale left wing Chris Kreider has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a boarding incident in a game at Norfolk on Oct. 19.
Kreider will miss Connecticut’s game Wednesday (Oct. 24) at Albany.
- Hartford drops Albany 3-1 in first of preseason
- 2014 preseason schedule and results
- Falcons ink defenseman Ponich
- Victor Rask hearing good things from 'Canes
- Varone focused on proving people wrong
- Falcons equipment manager reaching 3,000 games
- Fans win in first game at PPL Center
- Worcester signs defenseman Taormina