AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Worcester Sharks defenseman Matt Pelech has been suspended for four (4) games as a consequence of his actions in a game vs. Albany on Oct. 20.
Pelech was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28 (supplementary discipline) after receiving a game misconduct for leaving the players’ bench for the purpose of starting an altercation.
Pelech will miss Worcester’s games Friday (Oct. 26) vs. Bridgeport, Saturday (Oct. 27) at Manchester, Sunday (Oct. 28) vs. Bridgeport and Nov. 2 at Providence.
The American Hockey League today announced that Connecticut Whale left wing Chris Kreider has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a boarding incident in a game at Norfolk on Oct. 19.
Kreider will miss Connecticut’s game Wednesday (Oct. 24) at Albany.
- Education, drug testing program implemented
- Providence, Boston extend affiliation
- 2014-15 AHL schedule unveiled
- Holland looking to make the leap
- Namestnikov enjoys NHLPA Rookie Showcase
- Khokhlachev ready for NHL shot
- Lehigh Valley signs Hextall to AHL deal
- Former AHL player coping with ALS