AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Worcester Sharks defenseman Matt Pelech has been suspended for four (4) games as a consequence of his actions in a game vs. Albany on Oct. 20.
Pelech was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28 (supplementary discipline) after receiving a game misconduct for leaving the players’ bench for the purpose of starting an altercation.
Pelech will miss Worcester’s games Friday (Oct. 26) vs. Bridgeport, Saturday (Oct. 27) at Manchester, Sunday (Oct. 28) vs. Bridgeport and Nov. 2 at Providence.
The American Hockey League today announced that Connecticut Whale left wing Chris Kreider has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a boarding incident in a game at Norfolk on Oct. 19.
Kreider will miss Connecticut’s game Wednesday (Oct. 24) at Albany.
- Paek to lead Korean hockey program
- Veilleux joins Norfolk as assistant coach
- AHL time has served Connolly well
- Blues sign Welsh
- Milwaukee signs Grant, Madore
- Prospects in goal bode well for Sabres
- Ottawa wisely stocking B-Sens with leadership
- Pens' McNeill ready to be noticed