AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced the following disciplinary actions as a result of an incident in the Jan. 19 game between the Rockford IceHogs and Grand Rapids Griffins:
Rockford center Rob Flick and Grand Rapids center Louis-Marc Aubry have been suspended for six (6) games each and Rockford right wing Kyle Beach, Rockford left wing Kenndal McArdle, Rockford left wing Wade Brookbank and Grand Rapids left wing Triston Grant have been suspended for one (1) game each for their roles in an altercation at 11:58 of the second period.
In addition, Rockford head coach Ted Dent has been suspended for two (2) games, and both teams have been fined an undisclosed amount.
Flick, Beach, McArdle, Brookbank and Dent will miss Rockford’s game Friday (Jan. 25) vs. Chicago. Flick and Dent will also miss Rockford’s game Saturday (Jan. 26) vs. Oklahoma City. Flick, who has already served one game of his suspension, will also miss Rockford’s games Feb. 1 at San Antonio, Feb. 3 at Houston and Feb. 5 at Texas.
Aubry and Grant will miss Grand Rapids’ game Wednesday (Jan. 23). Aubry will also miss Grand Rapids’ games Friday (Jan. 25) and Saturday (Jan. 26) vs. Houston, Feb. 1 at Hamilton, Feb. 2 vs. Abbotsford and Feb. 6 vs. Houston.
- #AHLOTB: Ranford’s success written in the stars
- Amerks' Justin Bailey is Sabres bound
- Sommer sets career wins record with No. 637
- #AHLOTB: Binghamton's rookie class
- NHL.com: Peaks and valleys in Grand Rapids
- Vrana named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Folin reaps Iowa benefits
- Nothing came easy for Penguins' Mouillierat