AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Worcester Sharks right wing Matt Pelech has been suspended for two (2) games as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game vs. Providence on Nov. 9.
Pelech was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline).
Pelech will miss Worcester’s games Wednesday (Nov. 13) and Friday (Nov. 15) at St. John’s.
* * *
The American Hockey League today announced that Binghamton Senators defenseman Chris Wideman has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a match penalty for slashing incurred in a game at Hershey on Nov. 10.
Wideman will miss Binghamton’s game Friday (Nov. 15) vs. Adirondack.
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa