AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Worcester Sharks right wing Matt Pelech has been suspended for two (2) games as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game vs. Providence on Nov. 9.
Pelech was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline).
Pelech will miss Worcester’s games Wednesday (Nov. 13) and Friday (Nov. 15) at St. John’s.
* * *
The American Hockey League today announced that Binghamton Senators defenseman Chris Wideman has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a match penalty for slashing incurred in a game at Hershey on Nov. 10.
Wideman will miss Binghamton’s game Friday (Nov. 15) vs. Adirondack.
- Islanders recall AHL scoring leader Strome
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Frozen Frontier to be televised live
- Falcons, Blue Jackets continue affiliation
- The Biggs bang theory
- Heat's Ferland making huge strides
- Strome repeats as Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension