AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
Grand Rapids Griffins defenseman Brennan Evans has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of an elbowing incident in a game at Texas on Jan. 24.
Evans was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline).
Evans will miss Grand Rapids’ games today (Jan. 26) at San Antonio, Friday (Jan. 31) vs. Chicago and Saturday (Feb. 1) at Milwaukee.
* * *
Grand Rapids Griffins left wing Triston Grant has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of an slew-footing incident in a game at Texas on Jan. 24.
Grant was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline).
Grant will miss Grand Rapids’ game today (Jan. 26) at San Antonio.
* * *
Lake Erie Monsters right wing Guillaume Desbiens has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of his actions in a game vs. Hamilton on Jan. 25.
Desbiens was assessed an instigator penalty within the final five minutes of the third period, resulting in an automatic one-game suspension under the provisions of AHL Rule 46.22.
Desbiens will miss Lake Erie’s game today (Jan. 26) at Toronto.
- AHL announces suspensions
- Albert named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Bolduc still growing as a player, person
- Penguins' Gibbons growing within organization
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Lain's path to NHL has people talking
- Longpre puts locks on the line to fight cancer
- Gudlevskis sensational in Latvia loss