AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
Bridgeport Sound Tigers defenseman Marc Cantin has been suspended for four (4) games as a consequence of a match penalty for an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game vs. Springfield on Feb. 1.
Cantin will miss Bridgeport’s games Saturday (Feb. 8) vs. Albany; Sunday (Feb. 9) vs. Adirondack; Feb. 15 at Springfield; and Feb. 16 vs. Albany.
* * *
Portland Pirates right wing Mark Louis has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a match penalty for an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game vs. Binghamton on Feb. 1.
Louis missed Portland’s game on Feb. 2 vs. Manchester, and is now eligible to return to the lineup.
- Wolves rally for wild win in Grand Rapids
- Senators beat Markstrom, Comets
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York