AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
Bridgeport Sound Tigers defenseman Marc Cantin has been suspended for four (4) games as a consequence of a match penalty for an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game vs. Springfield on Feb. 1.
Cantin will miss Bridgeport’s games Saturday (Feb. 8) vs. Albany; Sunday (Feb. 9) vs. Adirondack; Feb. 15 at Springfield; and Feb. 16 vs. Albany.
* * *
Portland Pirates right wing Mark Louis has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a match penalty for an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game vs. Binghamton on Feb. 1.
Louis missed Portland’s game on Feb. 2 vs. Manchester, and is now eligible to return to the lineup.
- Falcons take pride in reading program
- Predators acquire Jarnkrok, Eaves
- Kings acquire Livingston from Sharks
- Bolts, Jackets complete 4-player AHL swap
- Senators, Ducks swap AHL players
- Corvo assigned to Wolves
- Canadiens acquire Dubnyk
- Kings get McNabb from Buffalo