AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
Syracuse Crunch defenseman J.P. Cote has been suspended for five (5) games as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game at Norfolk on Feb. 14.
Cote was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline).
Cote will miss Syracuse’s games tonight (Feb. 15) at Norfolk; Friday (Feb. 21) vs. Utica; Feb. 22 at Hershey; Feb. 23 vs. Hershey (at Washington, D.C.); and Feb. 28 vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
* * *
Springfield Falcons center Darryl Boyce has been suspended for two (2) games as a consequence of a match penalty for high-sticking in a game vs. Hartford on Feb. 14.
Boyce will miss Springfield’s games tonight (Feb. 15) vs. Bridgeport and Sunday (Feb. 16) vs. Worcester.
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa