AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
Syracuse Crunch defenseman J.P. Cote has been suspended for five (5) games as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game at Norfolk on Feb. 14.
Cote was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline).
Cote will miss Syracuse’s games tonight (Feb. 15) at Norfolk; Friday (Feb. 21) vs. Utica; Feb. 22 at Hershey; Feb. 23 vs. Hershey (at Washington, D.C.); and Feb. 28 vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
* * *
Springfield Falcons center Darryl Boyce has been suspended for two (2) games as a consequence of a match penalty for high-sticking in a game vs. Hartford on Feb. 14.
Boyce will miss Springfield’s games tonight (Feb. 15) vs. Bridgeport and Sunday (Feb. 16) vs. Worcester.
- 2015 All-Star tickets to go on sale
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Weiss to Griffins on conditioning loan
- AHL announces suspension