AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
Binghamton Senators defenseman Fredrik Claesson has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game at St. John’s on Mar. 1.
Claesson was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline).
Claesson will miss Binghamton’s game Saturday (Mar. 8) vs. Utica.
* * *
Toronto Marlies center Jerred Smithson has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a match penalty for an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game vs. Hamilton on Mar. 1.
Smithson missed Toronto’s game Sunday (Mar. 2) vs. Lake Erie and is now eligible to return to the lineup.
- 2015 All-Star tickets to go on sale
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Weiss to Griffins on conditioning loan
- AHL announces suspension