AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced the following suspensions:
Binghamton Senators defenseman Fredrik Claesson has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game at St. John’s on Mar. 1.
Claesson was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline).
Claesson will miss Binghamton’s game Saturday (Mar. 8) vs. Utica.
* * *
Toronto Marlies center Jerred Smithson has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a match penalty for an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a game vs. Hamilton on Mar. 1.
Smithson missed Toronto’s game Sunday (Mar. 2) vs. Lake Erie and is now eligible to return to the lineup.
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa
- Attitude Czech
- Drouin nets winner in pro debut
- Caps prospect Carrick has bright future
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Agozzino 'staying hungry' with the Monsters
- Pedan keeping it simple with the Sound Tigers
- Boychuk, Terry help make a point for the 'Canes