AHL announces suspensions
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Lake Erie Monsters center Mitchell Heard has been suspended for two (2) games as a consequence of a match penalty incurred in a game at Toronto on Mar. 8.
Heard has already served one game of the suspension. He will also miss Lake Erie’s game Saturday (Mar. 15) at Charlotte.
* * *
The American Hockey League announced that Oklahoma City Barons left wing Ben Eager and right wing Steve Pinizzotto have each been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of their actions in a game at Rochester on Mar. 9.
Eager received an automatic one-game suspension under the provisions of AHL Rule 23.4 for accumulating his second game misconduct in the “abuse of officials” category this season.
Pinizzotto received an automatic one-game suspension under the provisions of AHL Rule 23.3 for accumulating his third game misconduct in the “general” category this season.
Eager and Pinizzotto will both miss Oklahoma City’s game Tuesday (Mar. 11) vs. San Antonio.
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know