AHL publications now available
The American Hockey League celebrates its 75th anniversary with its 2010-11 Guide & Record Book, which was published today.
The guide is available exclusively in a digital PDF format either on CD or by download from theahl.com.
The CD cover artwork pays tribute to the AHL's storied history of being one of the top professional leagues in all of sports, highlighting its stars of the past, present and future. The league's 75th anniversary logo is flanked by four of the brightest stars from the 2009-10 season: Tyler Ennis, who won the Dudley "Red" Garrett Award for the Portland Pirates; P.K. Subban, a First Team AHL All-Star as a rookie with the Hamilton Bulldogs; Jonathan Bernier, the AHL's goaltender of the year with the Manchester Monarchs; and John Carlson, an AHL All-Rookie defenseman and Calder Cup champion for the Hershey Bears. The cover also honors the thousands of NHL players who have developed their skills in the AHL since 1936, notably stars like Johnny Bower, Larry Robinson, Martin Brodeur, Fred Glover and Gerry Cheevers.
The AHL Guide & Record Book features 320 pages of facts and figures about the league and its 30 teams. It is available for purchase from AHLStore.com, as is the 2010-11 AHL Rule Book.
- Falcons come out the victor in high-scoring affair
- Ness a true team leader for Bridgeport
- Five-point night for Miele powers Griffins over Toronto
- Pouliot off and running with WBS Penguins
- Kostopoulos, Fortunus to captain All-Stars
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Wolves sign Eager to AHL deal
- Callahan looks 'to be great every night' for Griffins