AHL publications now available
The American Hockey League celebrates its 75th anniversary with its 2010-11 Guide & Record Book, which was published today.
The guide is available exclusively in a digital PDF format either on CD or by download from theahl.com.
The CD cover artwork pays tribute to the AHL's storied history of being one of the top professional leagues in all of sports, highlighting its stars of the past, present and future. The league's 75th anniversary logo is flanked by four of the brightest stars from the 2009-10 season: Tyler Ennis, who won the Dudley "Red" Garrett Award for the Portland Pirates; P.K. Subban, a First Team AHL All-Star as a rookie with the Hamilton Bulldogs; Jonathan Bernier, the AHL's goaltender of the year with the Manchester Monarchs; and John Carlson, an AHL All-Rookie defenseman and Calder Cup champion for the Hershey Bears. The cover also honors the thousands of NHL players who have developed their skills in the AHL since 1936, notably stars like Johnny Bower, Larry Robinson, Martin Brodeur, Fred Glover and Gerry Cheevers.
The AHL Guide & Record Book features 320 pages of facts and figures about the league and its 30 teams. It is available for purchase from AHLStore.com, as is the 2010-11 AHL Rule Book.
- Grant hoping to secure Sabres roster spot
- Brossoit determined to find NHL form
- Lagace off to strong start in camp
- Adrian Kempe preparing for a statement season
- From Croatia, Rendulic hopes to make history
- Scherbak is out to earn roster spot in Montreal
- Nathan Lieuwen out to prove how good he can be
- Dell, Grosenick hope to seize opportunity with Sharks