AHL's Spring Meeting concludes
· Ownership of the inactive Utah Grizzlies franchise has been transferred from the Elmore Sports Group to Dan Gilbert, majority owner of the NBA's Cleveland Cavaliers and chairman and founder of Quicken Loans, Inc. Additionally, the Cavaliers have been granted approval to relocate the franchise from
· Controlling ownership interest in the AHL’s
· Conference and division alignment was approved for the 2006-07 regular season (see below).
Tuesday’s meeting also formally introduced the AHL’s new entry for 2006-07, the Worcester Sharks.
The Board will consider the regular-season schedule format and the Calder Cup Playoff format for 2006-07 at the league’s Annual Meeting, scheduled for June 26-29 at
In operation since 1936, the AHL continues to serve as the top development league for all 30 National Hockey League teams. Twenty-seven teams began the season on the chase for the Calder Cup championship, and only five remain as the division final round of the 2006 Calder Cup Playoffs concludes tonight.
2006-07 American Hockey League Divisional Alignment
Grand Rapids (DET)
San Antonio (
- AHL proud of player/coach development
- #AHLFanFridays: Apollo Wood
- Avalanche name Bednar head coach
- Mantha pushing for a spot on Detroit's roster
- Philip McRae inks with Hartford
- Shinkaruk has eyes on full-time gig with Flames
- Roadrunners sign pair of defenseman
- Condors to host Outdoor Classic