Amerks announce details of Frozen Frontier
The Rochester Americans announced today the details of the Frozen Frontier presented by Rochester Area Honda Dealers, an outdoor hockey festival taking place at Frontier Field this December 13-22.
It was also announced that the Lake Erie Monsters will be the Amerks’ opponent in their regular-season outdoor game at Frontier Field on Friday, Dec. 13.
“This will be an exciting week for the city of Rochester, the state of New York and, of course, the game of hockey,” said Ted Black, president of the Rochester Americans. “With more than 10 teams coming from all corners of the state -– and from all levels of the game -– to play hockey, this will be a tremendous event to showcase the exceptional hockey teams we have in this region. More importantly, it will be a fun and different way to experience hockey. Whether you’re a player or a fan watching your favorite team, these games will be the games you’ll never forget being a part of.”
Rochester’s opponent for the game, the Lake Erie Monsters, are based in Cleveland, Ohio, a city with a rich history in the American Hockey League and a long-standing rival of the Amerks. The Cleveland Barons were an original AHL franchise and went on to win nine Calder Cup championships. The Amerks and Barons twice met in the Calder Cup Finals, with Cleveland winning in 1957 and Rochester taking home the Cup in 1966.
The current incarnation of professional hockey in Cleveland, the Lake Erie Monsters have been members of the AHL since 2007.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
• Friday, December 13 (7:00 p.m.): Rochester Americans vs. Lake Erie Monsters
• Saturday, December 14 (12:00 p.m.): RIT Tigers (women) vs. Clarkson Golden Knights
• Saturday, December 14 (7:00 p.m.): RIT Tigers (men) vs. Niagara Purple Eagles
• Sunday, December 15 (1:00 p.m.): Sabres/Amerks Alumni Game
• Saturday, December 21: Section V Rivalry Day – matchups TBA
• Sunday, December 22: Section V Rivalry Day – matchups TBA
Tickets for all Frozen Frontier events will go on sale Saturday, Sept. 21, at the Frontier Field box office. Tickets will not be available for purchase at the Blue Cross Arena. Following Sept. 21, tickets for all Frozen Frontier events will also be sold at all area Wegmans locations and online at Tickets.com.
Both Amerks and Rochester Red Wings season tickets holders will have the opportunity to purchase tickets prior to the general public. Season seat holders for both clubs will be mailed order forms in the coming days with all ticketing information.
Tickets for all Frozen Frontier events will be split into three different price levels: 200 level, 100 level and Limited View. Ticket prices for the Amerks game are as follows: $15 (Limited View), $25 (100 level) and $35 (200 level).
All information regarding the Frozen Frontier, including ticketing, merchandise, food & beverage, sponsorship and much more, is now available by visiting www.frozenfrontier2013.com.
- Milwaukee signs four to AHL contracts
- Remembering 9/11
- AHL to host Färjestad in '14 All-Star Classic
- Wolves sign Harper
- Jets prospect Telegin ready to fly
- Spott, Marlies prepare for youth infusion
- Uher makes adjustments after tough season
- AHL joins with PCG for sponsorship development