Amerks double up Crunch in Syracuse
ROCHESTER 4, SYRACUSE 2
Rochester scored twice in the first period and twice in the second en route to a 4-2 road win over Syracuse on Tuesday at the Onondaga County War Memorial. Evgeny Dadonov and ex-Crunch forward Mike York each posted a goal and an assist for the Americans.
The Amerks jumped to a 2-0 first-period lead on power play goals from York and Dadonov, with Chris Taylor assisting on each for two of his three helpers on the night.
After Syracuse’s Pierce Norton cut the deficit in half at 19:02 of the first, Jamie Johnson regained the two-goal advantage for Rochester just 2:46 into the second frame.
Jared Aulin brought the Crunch within 3-2 at the 13:25 mark, but Jon Landry made it a 4-2 game for the Amerks with a shorthanded goal at 19:00. Neither side scored in the third period.
Rochester goaltenders Ryan Mior and Tyler Plante combined to stop 33 of 35 shots on the night, with each netminder surrendering one goal.
The Americans finished 2-for-5 on the power play and held Syracuse 0-for-7.
- Reign-Gulls rivalry is getting hot
- #AHLOTB: Langlois returning to pre-injury form
- Gostisbehere gives Flyers a jolt of energy
- AHL Plays of the Week: Nov. 27, 2015
- #AHLOTB: Marlies get boost from Arcobello
- Door opens for Hellebuyck with Jets
- AHL announces suspension
- NHL.com: All-Star Challenge to be a fun twist