Amerks get Petrecki from San Jose
The Rochester Americans announced today that the team has acquired defenseman Nick Petrecki on loan from the San Jose Sharks.
Petrecki, 24, has played in 35 games with the American Hockey League’s Worcester Sharks this season, recording one goal and two assists for three points along with 54 penalty minutes.
Last season, the 6-foot-3, 225-pound Petrecki appeared in 42 AHL games with Worcester, collecting six points (1g, 5a) and 135 penalty minutes. He also made his NHL debut last season, appearing in one game with San Jose.
In 277 career AHL games with Worcester, Petrecki, a native of Schenectady, N.Y., has registered eight goals and 38 assists for 46 points, to go with 531 penalty minutes. The winner of the 2012 Yanick Dupre Memorial Award as the AHL's man of the year, Petrecki was originally selected by San Jose in the first round (28th overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
- Dowell named winner of Fred T. Hunt Award
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Schmidt stays in Worcester to turn pro
- Playoff Primer: Apr. 11
- First, Second Team AHL All-Stars named
- 2013-14 AHL All-Rookie Team announced
- Aittokallio working hard to reach NHL goal
- IceHogs' Osiecki to lead U.S. junior team