Amerks get Petrecki from San Jose
The Rochester Americans announced today that the team has acquired defenseman Nick Petrecki on loan from the San Jose Sharks.
Petrecki, 24, has played in 35 games with the American Hockey League’s Worcester Sharks this season, recording one goal and two assists for three points along with 54 penalty minutes.
Last season, the 6-foot-3, 225-pound Petrecki appeared in 42 AHL games with Worcester, collecting six points (1g, 5a) and 135 penalty minutes. He also made his NHL debut last season, appearing in one game with San Jose.
In 277 career AHL games with Worcester, Petrecki, a native of Schenectady, N.Y., has registered eight goals and 38 assists for 46 points, to go with 531 penalty minutes. The winner of the 2012 Yanick Dupre Memorial Award as the AHL's man of the year, Petrecki was originally selected by San Jose in the first round (28th overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
- Senators beat Markstrom, Comets
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge