Avalanche claim Cliche off waivers
The Colorado Avalanche on Sunday announced that they have claimed forward Marc-Andre Cliche off waivers from the Los Angeles Kings.
Cliche, 26, has spent the last six seasons with Los Angeles’ American Hockey League affiliate, the Manchester Monarchs, including the last three years as team captain. In 341 career games, Cliche has totaled 68 goals and 83 assists for 151 points. The 6-foot, 203-pound center appeared in 57 games for Manchester in 2012-13, tallying 10 goals and 10 assists.
A native of Rouyn-Noranda, Que., Cliche was drafted by the New York Rangers in the second round (56th overall) of the 2005 Entry Draft.
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions