Barons reclaim series lead with Game 3 shutout
|Game 3 |
Yann Danis made 30 saves for his second career playoff shutout and the Oklahoma City Barons grabbed a 2-1 series lead with a 4-0 win over the Texas Stars on Monday night.
Toni Rajala broke a scoreless tie 5:26 into the second period, Anton Lander added a power-play goal just over seven minutes later, and Mark Arcobello provided insurance early in the final frame with his third goal in as many games in the series.
C.J. Stretch finished the scoring with an empty-net goal, to go with his assist on Rajala's game-winner. Martin Marincin tallied two assists for the Barons.
Danis (5-3) has stopped 174 of 180 shots (.967) over the last five games since Oklahoma City faced elimination down 2-1 to Charlotte in the first round.
Cristopher Nilstorp (4-3) made 27 saves on the night but allowed more than two goals for the first time in seven playoff starts.
Game 4 is Wednesday night in Oklahoma City.
- Eakins hiring continues NHL trend
- Late heroics put Griffins one win away
- Charlotte unveils new uniforms for 2013-14
- AHL Morning Skate: June 12
- AHL grads set to battle for Stanley Cup
- Crunch must pull itself out of Finals hole
- With 2-0 lead, Griffins push ahead
- Marlies' Eakins heading to Edmonton