Barons sign NHL vet Williams
The Oklahoma City Barons announced today the signing of center Jason Williams to an American Hockey League contract.
Williams, a 5-foot-11, 185-pounder from London, Ont., has played the last two seasons with Ambri-Piotta in the Swiss Elite League. During those two seasons, he recorded 34 goals and 30 assists for 64 points in 79 total games.
Williams has appeared in 249 career AHL games with Cincinnati, Grand Rapids, Hartford/Connecticut and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, totaling 87 goals and 128 assists for 215 points. He was an AHL All-Star in 2002.
Williams, 33, has also played 455 games in the NHL with Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta, Columbus, Dallas and Pittsburgh, recording 94 goals and 133 assists for 227 points. He won a Stanley Cup with the Red Wings in 2002.
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Weiss to Griffins on conditioning loan
- AHL announces suspension
- Williams spreads winning wisdom
- Portland signs Bissonnette to PTO
- Bibeau's solid start not a surprise