Bears agree to terms with Broda
The Hershey Bears announced that they have agreed to terms with forward Joel Broda on a one-year American Hockey League contract.
Broda played 25 AHL games between Oklahoma City and Bridgeport in 2013-14, totaling three goals and five assists for eight points. He spent most of the season in the ECHL with Bakersfield, tallying a team-leading 21 goals and 19 assists for 40 points in 41 games while serving as team captain for current Bears head coach Troy Mann. Broda added eight goals and four assists in 16 playoff contests.
In 149 career games in the AHL over four professional seasons, Broda has recorded 24 goals and 22 assists for 46 points.
A fifth-round draft choice by Washington in 2008, Broda played his junior hockey in the Western Hockey League with Tri-City, Medicine Hat and Calgary.
- Jurco hoping to stick in Detroit
- Meech overcame health scare to win Cup
- Allen returns to Rampage, reunites with Rowe
- Travis Morin's day with the Cup
- Devils add Cunniff to coaching staff
- Stolarz coming off strong junior season
- Morrissey looking to follow friend's path
- Lightning anticipate next wave of young talent