Bears ink rugged forward Spencer
The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed forward Tim Spencer to a one-year contract.
Spencer, 28, returns to the AHL after a one-year stint playing overseas for the EIHL’s Sheffield Steelers. In 61 games, the forward recorded 34 points (10 goals, 24 assists) and 147 penalty minutes.
The 6-foot-6, 230-pound native of Carnduff, Sask., has appeared in 104 American Hockey League games with Manitoba, Binghamton and Springfield, recording three goals, three assists and 263 PIM. He has also appeared in 168 games in the ECHL.
Spencer played two years of junior hockey prior to turning pro. He was as member of the QMJHL’s Moncton Wildcats and St. John’s Fog Devils from 2005-2007, and was a Memorial Cup finalist with the Wildcats in 2006.
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH