Bears name Mougenel assistant coach
The Hershey Bears announced today that Ryan Mougenel has been named assistant coach of the hockey club beginning with the 2013-14 season.
Mougenel, 37, comes to Chocolatetown after a four-year stint as head coach of the ECHL’s Las Vegas Wranglers. His head coaching record features an all-time mark of 151-111-10-16 and appearances in the Kelly Cup playoffs during all four seasons from 2009-13, including the 2012 Western Conference championship.
The native of Scarborough, Ont., previously served as assistant coach for four seasons with the ECHL’s Fresno Falcons and Stockton Thunder.
Mougenel’s six-year pro playing career was spent mostly in the ECHL, including a 2003 league championship in Atlantic City playing for new Bears head coach Mike Haviland.
Mougenel played 20 games in the AHL with Rochester during the 1999-2000 season.
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH