Blackhawks acquire Karlsson
The Chicago Blackhawks, parent club of the AHL's Rockford IceHogs, have acquired goaltender Henrik Karlsson from the Calgary Flames in exchange for a seventh-round draft pick in the 2013 National Hockey League Entry Draft.
Karlsson has been assigned to Rockford.
Karlsson, 29, has appeared in 26 regular-season games with the Calgary Flames over parts of two seasons (2010-12), posting a 5-9-8 record with a 2.79 goals-against average and a .905 save percentage. The Stockholm, Sweden, native also made four appearances in the AHL with Abbotsford last season, going 2-2-0 with a 2.26 GAA and a .903 save percentage.
Karlsson made his North American debut with Calgary in 2010-11 after starting his professional career in the Swedish Elite League.
- #AHLOTB: Langlois returning to pre-injury form
- Gostisbehere gives Flyers a jolt of energy
- AHL Plays of the Week: Nov. 27, 2015
- #AHLOTB: Marlies get boost from Arcobello
- Door opens for Hellebuyck with Jets
- AHL announces suspension
- NHL.com: All-Star Challenge to be a fun twist
- #AHLOTB: Blue-collar Elson paying his dues