Blackhawks assign 26 to Rockford
The Chicago Blackhawks announced on Saturday that the National Hockey League club has assigned 26 players to the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs.
Players assigned include forwards Kyle Beach, Brandon Bollig, Terry Broadhurst, Rob Flick, Byron Froese, David Gilbert, Jimmy Hayes, Marcus Kruger, Peter LeBlanc, Jeremy Morin, Philippe Paradis, Brandon Pirri, Brandon Saad, Andrew Shaw and Ben Smith; defensemen Adam Clendening, Klas Dahlbeck, Shawn Lalonde, Joe Lavin, Nick Leddy, Dylan Olsen and Ryan Stanton; and goaltenders Mac Carruth, Carter Hutton, Alec Richards and Kent Simpson.
Pirri was Rockford’s leading scorer a season ago when he put up 56 points (23g, 33a). LeBlanc led the IceHogs with 24 goals and Hutton was named Rockford’s most valuable player after posting a record of 22-13-4 while setting a team record with a 2.35 goals-against average.
IceHogs training camp kicks off of Sunday, Sept. 30. A complete training camp schedule will be released at a later date.
- AHL Plays of the Week: Nov. 27, 2015
- #AHLOTB: Marlies get boost from Arcobello
- Door opens for Hellebuyck with Jets
- AHL announces suspension
- NHL.com: All-Star Challenge to be a fun twist
- #AHLOTB: Blue-collar Elson paying his dues
- Griffins' Jurco named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Wolves' Anderson earns 400th AHL win