Blackhawks assign Olesz to Rockford
The National Hockey League’s Chicago Blackhawks announced on Thursday that they have loaned winger Rostislav Olesz to the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs.
Olesz, 28, skated in 50 games for Rockford in 2011-12, notching 17 goals and 24 assists for 41 points. He began the 2011-12 campaign with the Blackhawks and appeared in six tilts with Chicago.
The Bilovec, Czech Republic native was acquired by the Blackhawks on June 24, 2011 from the Florida Panthers in exchange for Brian Campbell. Olesz has played in 355 career NHL games, totaling 57 goals and 75 assists for 132 points.
The veteran winger was originally drafted by Florida in the first round (seventh overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
- Playoff Primer: Apr. 13
- Pirri's six-pack sparks IceHogs
- Marlies clinch playoff berth
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Toffoli named AHL Rookie of the Year
- Zucker's goals bigger than individual success
- Merrill making good impression in Albany
- AHL players making NHL debuts