Blackhawks, Rangers make trade
The Chicago Blackhawks, parent club of the AHL's Rockford IceHogs, have acquired forward Brandon Mashinter from the New York Rangers, parent club of the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack, in exchange for forward Kyle Beach.
Mashinter, 25, has appeared in six games with the Rangers this season, and has totaled one goal and six assists for seven points in 11 AHL games with Hartford. Mashinter has registered 65 goals and 69 assists for 134 points in 282 career AHL games with Hartford/Connecticut and Worcester, and has skated in 23 NHL games with the Rangers and San Jose.
Beach, 23, has scored four goals in seven games with Rockford this season. A first-round pick (11th overall) by the Blackhawks in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, Beach has collected 41 goals and 35 assists for 76 points in 169 career AHL games with Rockford.
- Milestone for Wolves' Mancari
- Devils, Whitney on record pace
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Chaput heading in the right direction
- Svedberg nabs win in NHL debut
- Pirates-IceCaps rescheduled
- Monthly award winners for December named
- AHL announces suspension