Blue Jackets acquire Ford
The Columbus Blue Jackets today announced that the club has acquired forward Matthew Ford from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for future considerations.
Ford will report to the Springfield Falcons of the American Hockey League.
Originally selected by Chicago in the eighth round of the 2004 NHL Draft, Ford has recorded 72 goals and 69 assists for 141 points in 256 career AHL games with Hartford, Lake Erie, Hershey and Adirondack. The 6-foot-1, 207-pound right winger has recorded four goals, nine assists and 31 penalty minutes in 35 appearances for Adirondack this season.
A native of West Hills, Calif., Ford spent four seasons at the University of Wisconsin from 2004‐08.
- Series snapshot: Bears vs. Monsters
- Samuelsson named Checkers' head coach
- Schedule finalized for 2016 Calder Cup Finals
- 'No doubt' Coreau will be NHL goalie
- AHL grads battling for Stanley Cup
- Walker first Aussie to play for Calder Cup
- Hershey returning to Calder Cup Finals
- AHL Morning Skate: May 29