Blue Jackets acquire Ford
The Columbus Blue Jackets today announced that the club has acquired forward Matthew Ford from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for future considerations.
Ford will report to the Springfield Falcons of the American Hockey League.
Originally selected by Chicago in the eighth round of the 2004 NHL Draft, Ford has recorded 72 goals and 69 assists for 141 points in 256 career AHL games with Hartford, Lake Erie, Hershey and Adirondack. The 6-foot-1, 207-pound right winger has recorded four goals, nine assists and 31 penalty minutes in 35 appearances for Adirondack this season.
A native of West Hills, Calif., Ford spent four seasons at the University of Wisconsin from 2004‐08.
- #AHLOTB: Binghamton's rookie class
- NHL.com: Peaks and valleys in Grand Rapids
- Vrana named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Folin reaps Iowa benefits
- Nothing came easy for Penguins' Mouillierat
- #AHLOTB: Sharks reflect on time with Sommer
- AHL Plays of the Week: Feb. 5, 2016
- Pair of long-standing records soon to fall