Blue Jackets sign Gibbons
The Columbus Blue Jackets, parent club of the AHL's Springfield Falcons, have signed forward Brian Gibbons to a one-year, two-way contract.
Gibbons has spent the past three seasons in the Pittsburgh Penguins organization. In 2013-14, Gibbons made his NHL debut and went on to appear in 41 regular-season games for Pittsburgh, notching five goals and 12 assists for 17 points. He also had two goals and an assist in eight games during the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Gibbons also skated in 28 regular-season games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, where he put up 11 goals and 19 assists for 30 points and represented the Penguins at the 2014 AHL All-Star Classic. Gibbons chipped in with one goal and two assists in 10 Calder Cup Playoff matches, helping the Penguins reach the AHL's Eastern Conference Finals.
The 5-foot-8, 170-pound center from Braintree, Mass., has played 168 career AHL games, registering 30 goals and 60 assists for 90 points. He also has four goals and seven assists in 34 career AHL playoff games.
- Meech re-signs with Texas
- Wolves re-sign Harper, add three
- Cassidy keeps Providence pipeline producing
- Checkers sign NHL veteran LaRose
- Mougenel joins Sharks staff
- Warsofsky looking to break through to NHL
- Bulldogs sign defenseman Finley
- Trio of Flyers prospects waiting their turn