Blues sign Welsh
The St. Louis Blues, NHL affiliate of the AHL's Chicago Wolves, have signed forward Jeremy Welsh to a one-year, two-way contact.
Welsh, 26, split last season between the Vancouver Canucks and the American Hockey League’s (AHL) Utica Comets. The 6-foot-3, 201-pound forward posted one goal in 19 regular-season games with the Canucks, as well as 15 points (seven goals, eight assists) in 49 regular-season games with the Comets.
Overall, the Bayfield, Ont., native has appeared in 25 career NHL regular-season games with Vancouver and Carolina, totaling one goal and one assist. In addition, the Union College product has accumulated 21 goals and 20 assists for 41 points in 118 career AHL regular-season games with Utica and Charlotte. He also has three assists in five Calder Cup Playoff matches.
- Phantoms agree to terms with Fyten
- Miller looking to make the leap
- Bears agree to terms with Broda
- Pirates sign Selleck, Hanley
- Amerks sign defenseman Petrecki
- Rowe returning to Rampage, Allen added
- Bears, Cornet agree to terms
- Blackhawks agree to terms with Leighton