BOG votes to discontinue hybrid icing
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … American Hockey League President and Chief Executive Officer David Andrews announced today that the league’s Board of Governors has voted to discontinue to the current test of AHL Rule 82 (“Icing”), effective Friday, January 18.
“We believe that 564 games has been a sufficient test period for ‘hybrid icing’ and that the application of the rule has been positive for the most part,” said Andrews. “But because we have more than 300 players recalled to the National Hockey League each season, it is our view that these players should have the benefit of a consistent application of the icing rule in both the AHL and NHL.”
“Hybrid icing” will continue to be in effect through Thursday’s games.
- Leo Luongo named Springfield goaltending coach
- Halpern named Syracuse Crunch assistant coach
- Coyotes acquire DeAngelo from Lightning
- Stars get Ebert, Kings add Campbell
- Leafs acquire Rychel from Columbus
- #AHL80 Fan Favorite Moments
- NHL, AHL clubs look to future at Draft
- AHL alumni collect NHL awards