Boston recalls Bartkowski
The Boston Bruins announced Thursday that the club has recalled defenseman Matt Bartkowski from the Providence Bruins (AHL).
Bartkowski skated in 56 games with Providence during the 2012-13 regular season, registering three goals and 21 assists for 24 points with 56 penalty minutes.
The 24-year-old has appeared in all five Calder Cup Playoff games with Providence, notching five assists in the Bruins' first-round victory over Hershey. His five postseason points lead the P-Bruins squad.
Bartkowski skated in 11 games with Boston during the regular season, notching two assists while averaging 13:29 time on ice.
The 6-foot-1, 196-pound native of Pittsburgh, Pa., was drafted by the Florida Panthers in the seventh round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
- Crunch, Griffins back at it in Game 2 tonight
- Pomp and circumstance in Syracuse
- NHL Network Radio to carry Finals action
- Griffins draw first blood in Finals
- AHL Morning Skate: June 8
- Long journey back to Finals for Hoggan
- Johnson, teammates united in Cup run
- Calder Cup Finals to begin Saturday