Boston recalls Krug
The Boston Bruins announced Wednesday that the team has recalled defenseman Torey Krug.
Krug has skated in 55 games with Providence (AHL) this season and has registered 10 goals and 24 assists for 34 points with 33 penalty minutes. Krug is fourth on the P-Bruins in points, and leads all team defensemen and is tied for fifth overall in goals with 10. Krug’s 34 points rank sixth in the AHL among D-men.
This marks Krug’s first recall of the 2012-13 season. Krug appeared in two NHL games with Boston last year and registered his first career point against the Senators on Apr. 5, 2013 in Ottawa.
The 5-foot-9, 180-pound rookie hails from Livonia, Mich., and was signed as a free agent by the Bruins on March 25, 2012.
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense