Boston recalls Spooner from Providence
The Boston Bruins announced Monday that the team has recalled forward Ryan Spooner from the Providence Bruins on an emergency basis.
This marks Spooner’s second NHL recall of the season. The 21-year-old center skated in one game with Boston, making his NHL debut against the Montreal Canadiens on Feb. 6, 2013.
In 50 games for the Providence Bruins this year, Spooner leads the team with 45 points and 33 assists. Spooner’s 12 goals are also tied third on the team.
Spooner has skated in a total of 58 AHL games with the Providence Bruins and has notched 15 goals and 37 assists. The forward had back-to-back 60-plus-point seasons in the Ontario Hockey League before joining the P-Bruins, having tallied 66 points in 57 games split between Kingston and Sarnia last year, and 81 points in 64 games during the 2010-11 season split between Peterborough and Kingston.
The 5-foot-10, 175-pound native of Kanata, Ont., was drafted by Boston in the second round (45th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
- Series Snapshot: Monarchs vs. Admirals
- Series Snapshot: Senators vs. Penguins
- Series Snapshot: IceCaps vs. Devils
- Hedden lifts Stars to OT victory
- Falcons take Game 1 in overtime
- Series Snapshot: Stars vs. Barons
- Series Snapshot: Falcons vs. Bruins
- AHL Morning Skate: April 23