Bulldogs sign Hamilton native Schiestel
The Hamilton Bulldogs announced today the signing of free agent defenseman Drew Schiestel to a one-year contract for the 2013-14 season.
Schiestel, 24, played 35 regular-season AHL games with Rochester in 2012-13, recording three points (one goal, two assists) and 16 penalty minutes. He also played in three Calder Cup Playoff games, recording two penalty minutes.
Schiestel also appeared in three games with Greenville (ECHL).
In 191 career regular-season AHL games with Rochester, Portland and Texas, the Hamilton, Ont., native has registered 55 points (nine goals, 46 assists) and 87 penalty minutes. Schiestel was selected to participate in the 2011 AHL All-Star Classic, but was unable to attend due to injury.
The 6-foot-1, 197-pound defenseman was drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the second round (59th overall) in the 2007 National Hockey League Entry Draft.
- Heat sign Begin, Bancks
- Cote gearing up for race against time
- Monarchs look behind the scheduling process
- 2013-14 AHL schedule unveiled
- VIDEO: Relive the Griffins' Calder Cup run
- 2012-13 Ellery Award winners announced
- Penguins sign Letourneau-Leblond
- Wolf Pack sign defenseman Nash