Calder Cup Finals to open Saturday
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League has announced that the 2013 Calder Cup Finals will begin on Saturday night at the Onondaga County War Memorial Arena in Syracuse, N.Y., home of the Eastern Conference champion Syracuse Crunch.
The Crunch, in the Calder Cup Finals for the first time in the franchise's 19-year history, will host the Western Conference champion in Game 1 on Saturday, June 8, at 7 ET, and in Game 2 on Sunday, June 9, at 6 ET.
Games 3, 4 and (if necessary) 5 of the best-of-seven series will be at the home of the Western Conference champion. Syracuse would host Games 6 and 7, also if necessary.
The full schedule for the 2013 Calder Cup Finals will be determined following the completion of the Western Conference Finals. The Grand Rapids Griffins currently lead the Oklahoma City Barons, three games to two, with Game 6 scheduled for Tuesday night.
- Flyers, Rangers swap former AHL All-Stars
- Five AHL players make NHL All-Rookie Team
- Wild acquire Niederreiter, Ferriero
- Teams preparing for future at Draft
- AHL Highlights of the Year
- Cleveland hosting AHL Marketing Meeting
- Horachek named head coach of Rampage
- AHL grads help Blackhawks win Stanley Cup