Canadiens assign 21 to Hamilton
The Montreal Canadiens announced Monday that 21 players have been assigned to the Hamilton Bulldogs, the club’s affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL).
Players assigned to Hamilton are forwards Alexander Avtsin, Alain Berger, Michael Blunden, Michael Bournival, Gabriel Dumont, Brendan Gallagher, Blake Geoffrion, Patrick Holland, Louis Leblanc, Philippe Lefebvre, Joonas Nattinen, Steven Quailer and Ian Schultz; defensemen Nathan Beaulieu, Morgan Ellis, Brendon Nash, Greg Pateryn, Joe Stejskal and Jarred Tinordi; and goaltenders Peter Delmas and Robert Mayer.
The Bulldogs' training camp will officially begin on Sept. 28 with medicals and physical testing at Bell Sports Complex in Brossard. The team will then move to Sherbrooke where they will practice at Complexe Sportif Jocelyn-Thibault from Sunday, Sept. 29 until Wednesday, Oct. 3.
The Bulldogs will also play two intra-squad games while in Sherbrooke. On Tuesday, Oct. 2, the team will take to the ice at Complexe Sportif Jocelyn-Thibault and on Wednesday, Oct. 3, at Palais des Sports Leopold-Drolet. All on-ice sessions are open to the public.
- AHL Morning Skate: May 22
- Griffins rally to oust Marlies
- Griffins, Barons to meet in West Finals
- Kearns a lesson in perseverance
- Potential schedules announced for East finals
- AHL Morning Skate: May 21
- Oklahoma disaster relief: How to help
- Devastation hits close to home for Barons