Canucks acquire Vey
The Vancouver Canucks announced Saturday that the club has acquired right wing Linden Vey from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for Vancouver’s 50th selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Vey, 22, recorded 14 goals and 34 assists for 48 points in 43 games with the AHL's Manchester Monarchs in 2013-14, and added five assists in 18 games with Los Angeles.
The six-foot, 189-pound native of Wakaw, Sask., was originally drafted by the Kings 96th overall in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. In three seasons with the Monarchs, Vey totaled 55 goals and 103 assists for 158 points in 191 games. He also recorded four goals and six assists for 10 points in 12 playoff appearances.
- Checkers sign NHL veteran LaRose
- Mougenel joins Sharks staff
- Warsofsky looking to break through to NHL
- Bulldogs sign defenseman Finley
- Trio of Flyers prospects waiting their turn
- Hoggan still has that fire
- Bulldogs sign Dowell
- Adirondack names Gill assistant coach