Capitals acquire Genoway from Wild
The Washington Capitals, parent club of the AHL's Hershey Bears, announced today that they have acquired defenseman Chay Genoway from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for a conditional seventh-round selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Genoway, 26, will report to Hershey after spending the past two seasons with the Minnesota organization. Genoway appeared in 53 games with Houston this season, ranking second among Aeros defensemen with 19 points (four goals, 15 assists). He has also posted a plus-11 rating, a mark which led his teammates on the blue line.
In his rookie season of 2011-12, the 5-foot-9, 177-pound native of Morden, Man., led Aeros defensemen with 36 points (seven goals, 29 assists). Genoway also recorded an assist in his NHL debut against the Phoenix Coyotes on April 7, 2012.
Genoway played four years of collegiate hockey at the University of North Dakota.
- Samuelsson named Checkers' head coach
- Schedule finalized for 2016 Calder Cup Finals
- 'No doubt' Coreau will be NHL goalie
- AHL grads battling for Stanley Cup
- Walker first Aussie to play for Calder Cup
- Hershey returning to Calder Cup Finals
- AHL Morning Skate: May 29
- Marlies-Bears Game 5 on TSN2, SiriusXM