Capitals acquire Genoway from Wild
The Washington Capitals, parent club of the AHL's Hershey Bears, announced today that they have acquired defenseman Chay Genoway from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for a conditional seventh-round selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Genoway, 26, will report to Hershey after spending the past two seasons with the Minnesota organization. Genoway appeared in 53 games with Houston this season, ranking second among Aeros defensemen with 19 points (four goals, 15 assists). He has also posted a plus-11 rating, a mark which led his teammates on the blue line.
In his rookie season of 2011-12, the 5-foot-9, 177-pound native of Morden, Man., led Aeros defensemen with 36 points (seven goals, 29 assists). Genoway also recorded an assist in his NHL debut against the Phoenix Coyotes on April 7, 2012.
Genoway played four years of collegiate hockey at the University of North Dakota.
- Series Snapshot: Stars vs. Barons
- Series Snapshot: Falcons vs. Bruins
- AHL Morning Skate: April 23
- Veteran Fortunus still takes it step by step
- Samson named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Morin, Boychuk win AHL scoring races
- Penguins goalies win Hap Holmes Award
- Miele puts wraps on career year