Capitals ink Conner
The Washington Capitals, parent club of the AHL's Hershey Bears, have signed right wing Chris Conner to a one-year, two-way contract.
Conner, 30, has registered 50 points (22 goals, 28 assists) and 34 penalty minutes in 178 career NHL games with Pittsburgh, Phoenix, Detroit and Dallas. The 5-foot-8, 190-pound right wing played in 19 games with Pittsburgh last season, recording five points (four goals, one assist).
The Westland, Mich., native has earned 278 points (107 goals, 171 assists) in 352 career AHL games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Portland, Grand Rapids, Peoria and the Iowa Stars. Conner collected 11 points (six goals, five assists) in 17 games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton last season.
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know